Kroger (Smith’s for you locals) has a new Buy 5 Save $5 Mega Event sale this week. These usually run for two weeks (but in recent months, Kroger has been known to change the prices on items from week 1 to week 2 – not all, but a few). There are some great deals on non-grocery items, for stocking up, which then leaves you free to spend more money on food and grocery items that may not be on sale.
I apologize profusely for the terrible picture – it was late at night, with the sun going down, and we needed to get groceries put away for the night. Which left me with shooting natural light in front of my patio doors but with deep shadows, or shooting under overhead lights, which turns everything yellow. Neither was a very good option. I’m actually standing OUTSIDE my house, on my back deck, with the sliding doors open, shooting through the doorway! 😉
Here’s what I got on Wednesday at the start of the sale:
(3) 6ct Bounty paper towels, on sale 5.99 (4.99 with the sale, 3.99 after coupon)
(5) Charmin 6ct mega rolls, on sale 5.99 (4.99 with the sale, 3.99 after coupon)
(2) Pantene shampoo/conditioner, on sale 3.99 (2.99 with the sale, .99 after coupon, FREE after Checkout51 rebate)
(1) loaf Kroger bread, on sale 1.25
(2) Silk almond milk, on sale 2.99 (1.99 with the sale, 1 @ 1.44 after coupon)
(3) Mission tortilla chips, .99 when you buy in multiples of 3
(6) Mission tortillas 10ct, .99 when you buy in multiples of 3
(3) bunches bananas, .55/lb
(6) Very Berry Cheerios, on sale 2.79 (1.79 with the sale, .79 after coupon, .46 ea after Catalina coupon)
(2) dozen eggs, .88 ea
(1) Simple Truth salad mix, 4.99
(2) KC Masterpiece bbq sauce, on sale 2.69 (1.69 with the sale, .69 after coupon)
(6) blueberries 6oz, on sale .99 ea
(1) gallon whole milk, on sale 1.99
(5) Classico pasta/alfredo sauce, on sale 2.49 (1.49 with the sale)
(5) orange bell peppers, on sale .88 ea
(5) yellow bell peppers, on sale .88 ea
(2) 1.00/1 Charmin, from P&G-7/2
(1) 1.00/1 Charmin register coupon (printed with a previous shopping trip)
(2) 1.00/1 Bounty, from P&G-7/2
(1) 4.00/2 Pantene, from RP-7/16
(1) .55/1 Silk digital coupon (www.kroger.com)
(4) 1.00/1 Very Berry Cheerios, from SS-6/25
There is also a Catalina deal for GM cereals right now – Buy $10-$14.99 worth of cereal, and get a $2 Catalina coupon good for your next purchase.
***One thing you need to know – as of July 1st, P&G has changed how they allow coupon redemption (again). Instead of only 4 like coupons allowed per transaction, there is now a limit of 1 or 2 only (depending on coupon), per household, per day. So, if you want more than 2 of an item, you’ll need to use different coupons. For the Charmin, I used 2 printable coupons, 2 insert coupons and 1 register coupon.
The tortilla chips are going to be eaten with more Freezer Salsa – the stuff is amazing and I can’t believe it comes out of my freezer! The tortillas are for making more Chicken Bacon Ranch Taquitos. And the bell peppers will be chopped/sliced and some will be used in a batch or two of Oven-Baked Chicken Fajitas, and the rest will be stored in the freezer for future use. I’m hoping to get the Sweet & Sour Pork perfected here pretty quick, so these will be useful to have on hand for that recipe.